Monday, November 19, 2012

Only one mic

I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out so put it in all of the papers, i'm not afraid they can read all about it read all about it
- Emeli

Yo, all I need is one mic, one beat, one stage
One nigga front, my face on the front page
Only if I had one gun, one girl and one crib
- Nas

I respect the confidence of both singers. They know what they want to say, how they want to say it and they don't care if you hear them - in fact they want you to hear them.

Not only do I respect there confidence, I am also envious. Envious they don't care if they'll be judged. Someone give me what Nas and Emeli are smoking. Please.

It might even take me to the mountain top. To shout it out. This bother that i have. Maybe I would get absolution. I don't want to whisper to a priest through a lattice in a confessional booth. Whispering won't help. Letting out an almighty roar from this top to the world is what I want to do. I'm hoping with bellowing my transgressions with a mic and a speaker there would be an expitiation .

Problem is I can't. There's no mic and mountain. And no one is going to read about this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home